Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Patti Gerson 3rd place ART FIESTA 2010


Yep, as you can see I got 3rd Place in the Fiber/ Wearable Art category at the ART FIESTA 2010!! It was some kinda miracle that Judge saw this Shawl Hanging, by the time He got there, it was pouring for Hours and my work and I were Huddled in the center of my booth!!
This is the Shawl I Never, ever want to sell, maybe because it was the hardest thing I ever attempted or maybe because it turned out so Beautiful. I see people eyes glaze over when I tell them what was involved it the making of this HANDWOVEN HANDSPUN HAND DYED SHAWL, all silk. Yep the warp is finely spun silk. You can't imagine how many warp thread were broken, split, frayed!! All that paid off with a WINNER!! This was a really big show, huge in our little town. We had Beautiful weather on Sunday, and had a Great time. Seeing and making lots of friends. Congradulations to all the winners!
Now I will start listing all the SHAWLS I have been working on. Also get back to making my Yummy Art Yarns, so many ideas, so little time!!!

Peace and keep on Weaving!! Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment